MTA book club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(SERIES) Uglies

3 posters

Go down

(SERIES) Uglies Empty (SERIES) Uglies

Post  einsteinkitty Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:57 pm

I finished Uglies last week, and am dying to read the next one called Pretties... but it went MIA from the library! Nooooo!!! Do you know what it is like to finish a book that leaves you COMPLETELY hanging and then find out the next book is missing? It's painful, I'm telling you...

Anyway, if you haven't read this, you need to. It is a really interesting commentary on the superficiality of our culture and how we might overcome prejudice -- whether or not it actually would work is another issue. Plus, there is a romance involved, which is one of those things the author left hanging at the end... Will he ever forgive her? Does she deserve it, even if he does? Aaaagh!!!
einsteinkitty
einsteinkitty
Sheep In A Jeep

Back to top Go down

(SERIES) Uglies Empty Re: (SERIES) Uglies

Post  Bailey Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:35 pm

I read all of them!!
They were great!
Very Happy
Bailey
Bailey
Goosebumps

https://mta-bookclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristin Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:02 am

I read them to and they were awesome!
I liked the first one the best because I love Tally's personality and even though the book takes place in the future you can still relate yourself to her in some way. I love how they ride hover boards and recognize us as "rusties" which I find very funny. I also really like how Tally always outsmarts the Specials. I got really mad when they turned Shay into a Special and how Shay just wants to get back at her for stealing David at the Smoke. I don't like how the Specials put brain lesions into the Pretties heads as a form of brainwashing. For one I don't think it should be legal and two I would think that people would have rights. In this world of the Uglies you don't have to pay for anything but in a way you kinda do because of the Specials "taking over" the world and conroling everyones brains, its just not right. So, I don't think I would ever want to live when they do because I like where we live and we have the freedom to do anything.

Kristin
Pat The Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down