MTA book club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs. Snow

4 posters

Go down

Mrs. Snow Empty Mrs. Snow

Post  Hemi'sMom Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi
Unless you are a freshman you probably know me! I teach Biology, Forensics, and Anatomy & Physiology. I am so glad Mrs. Baker and Mrs. E. invited me to join girls book group because I LOVE TO READ-- I always have--My dad read his college books to me when I was a baby in a baby seat and I guess I just never stopped. When I couldn't read my mom read to me every night. I know I am dating myself but she used to read me the box car children books and I loved those stories so much. I don't remember many children's books I read except Bill Peet but when I was in Junior High I loved reading series books, I read almost all of the Sweet Valley High Books, All of the Nancy Drew Books, Charisma Books, Fear Street (R.L. Stein) books and this series of books that were all girls names and were historical fiction books.

I wouldn't say I read books for the literary value but for entertainment. I read Harry Potter one summer just because I thought I should and I really enjoyed them. I usually read certain authors like Danielle Steele, Karen Kingsbury, John Grisham, James Patterson, Robin Cook, Kathy Reichs. I would say I read mostly fiction--I do like romance stories but not trashy romance novels (and yes there are good clean romance novels out there!!) I like stories based in Civil War times or Revolutionary War times. I also enjoy books that are medical thrillers or mysteries and I love Kathy Reichs who writes from the perspective of a forensic anthropologist. Right now I am really into Karen Kingsbury books she is an inspirational author whose books inspire me and make me cry (which I don't often do while reading books). I also loved the Twilight Series which surprised me although I think I was more infatuated with Jacob than Edward.

I LOVE reading and being in a room full of other people who love reading is inspiring it makes me feel like maybe I am not so weird after all. I also look forward to having intelligent discussions about books I am reading it is so exciting.

See ya in Book Club
Mrs. Snow Big Grin

P.S. Hemi is my cat in case you were wondering
Hemi'sMom
Hemi'sMom
Harold And The Purple Crayon

Back to top Go down

Mrs. Snow Empty Re: Mrs. Snow

Post  Bailey Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:20 pm

Hey Mrs. Snow!
I love James Patterson's books too!
I just finished a series of his and I have a couple--the lake house and 5th horseman--on my list of book to read!

->I was wondering who Hemi was Very Happy
Is that the same cat thats in your picture?

Last edited by Bailey on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bailey
Bailey
Goosebumps

https://mta-bookclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hemi'sMom Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:45 am

Yes
Hemi'sMom
Hemi'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaitie B. Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm glad you joined book club too!
it's a lot of fun and its a good way to get introduced to new books and authors!
oh and one last thing...my mom likes to read danielle steel and james patterson!
Big Grin
Kaitie B.
Kaitie B.

Back to top Go down

Post  starrchild Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi Mrs. Snow! I'm glad you joined Book Club too! My mum and I also really enjoy romance novel set in the Civil War time period. There is such a thing as a non-trashy romance novel!!! It's so cool you loved the Box Car Children. I wanted to live in a box car when I was a kid because of those books. I agree with you as far as Twilight goes, Edward sounded handsome, but Jacob was such a sweetie!
starrchild
starrchild

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum